How much do I tip movers?
This is not a secret for anyone that moving is stressful, It doesn’t matter the size of your move a lot’s of challenges to face when it comes to move from your current place to another. Most people aware of these challenges and want to hire moving help.
The question is:
” How much should I tip for moving help in Massachusetts or Rhode Island?
Should I tip for moving help?
First, We want to make it clear that tipping isn’t required but, as with for most services tipping somebody that provide a well – done service is a way to express your thanks, gratitude toward that person. While there is no average tip; people commonly give tips according to how they feel about the service or how much money they want to spend. Moving help service is one of the tough job that most people would feel little embarrass if they’re not giving a tip. It is widely accepted that tipping amount for moving help service is from 5% to a total bill of $20 per man.
(What do you think? you still can leave comments under the post.)
It is recommend to tip individually each mover separately not to the foreman or supervisor. May be you are asking to yourself why? This show that recognize and appreciate their individual efforts. If you feel that one or more moving helpers work a bit harder than the other, feel free to tip that mover a little extra. If the crew has gone above and beyond your expectations, you may certainly match their efforts with a larger amount. Esperando Fleurine the founder of EasygoMover moving company in Attleboro witness a customer from Abington Massachusetts tip one of the company mover with $4000 that’s the biggest I have never seen.
Crew that gone above and beyond.
Some moves are harder than the other specially if the move is on a 3rd floor. Here is what movers can do that makes move seamless or gone above and beyond.
- Complete the move in a shorter amount of time than originally estimated.
- Moving large quantities of items, bulky awkward furniture, specially when the move include narrow stairs, hallway long walks or any other obstacles.
- When moving helpers fitting all the items into the moving truck or POD even it once looked impossible.
- Flights of stairs (narrow stairs) for example the move is on a 3rd floor or above.
Average moving companies cost.
Alternatives to tipping with CASH!
If you didn’t expect movers to be that excellent while they go above and beyond you decide you want to show appreciation accordingly and you short on cash. There are plenty of ways you can show your appreciation.
You can first ask movers if you can write them a check again if this isn’t the best option for you:
- As moving is a tough, labor-intensive services cold drinks like a bottle of water, a Gatorade are great ways to show appreciation.
- Provide the crew with lunch like pizza…
- If you are planning to dump some good furniture that you think movers may want you can ask them nicely if they want them.
Like I said since the beginning, moving is a tough labor -intensive service require a lot’s of energy; not anybody can wake up one day and become a professional mover. Showing your appreciation will always help others to take advantage of great services.
Compare up to 5 moving quotes.
PS don’t forget to leave a comment under the post. you’ll hear more from us for sure.
Share on social media.